'Today' - Delights Retreat Layout #13

6:30 AM

I will start with saying that this was a completely spontaneous layout. It was not for any challenge at the Delights Retreat. I was a quick iPhone photo, that turned into an instax photo, that turned into a layout. These don't happen very often like this. It was fun playing around with the patterned papers and trying to make it all work - plenty of layers did the trick.

Anyone that knows me or has read this blog, knows that green and I have a very strong love hate relationship, yet somehow I seem to be attracted to it. Somehow that attraction worked again on this layout and I'm not regretting it one bit.

Today


The title is a piece of Words or Whatever chipboard simply painted in Tim Holtz distress paint. It fits well with the doodling around the edges of the patterned papers.


I just love these resin dots from The Resin Rainbow. The colours just worked perfectly scattered around this page.


The first two layers behind the photo are project life cards. The colour tones matched what I was trying to achieve, and the yellow one was what lead to the paper choice in the first place. They are fantastic to use for layering like this and I love using them on layouts. Just another use for them besides in a PL album.

The star bar across the bottom is also a chipboard Words or Whatever piece treated the same way as the title.


How cute is this heart peg? They came in a little tin of bits and pieces along with the project life cards that I have used. I think it topped the page off perfectly.


Finally a page with a large green element that I am pretty happy with. And I think the colours in this layout are happy too. There was absolutely no planning in this layout. From the photo being taken to the layout being stuck on the wall, would have been less than 1.5 hours. And a great memory from retreat it is too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images