'Dream Big' - Delights Retreat Layout #11

6:30 AM

Its interesting to see how inspiring a cylinder of sequins can been to a scrapper. This thought must have made for the sequin challenge at the Delights Retreat. That was all the challenge was - to pick up a container of sequins and use them on a project - so simple. Based on this, my mind went into overdrive. I use sequins on just about every layout/project I complete at the moment, and I really wanted to do something different with them. Something I hadn't done before.

While flicking through some of the things that I brought along to retreat with me, was a couple of glassine bags. The moment I saw them, it hit me.... why not use one as a shaker back for the sequins. And I knew just the photo to use!

Dream Big


I knew that the purple colour to the sequins would work well with this paper and that I wanted to make this page very girly. But when using sequins in a shaker bag for a background, I guess its only fitting to have the photo subject blowing sequins too.


Just to show off the full sequin colour, I scattered a few around the page. This paired with a few pre-printed chipboard pieces, a piece of transparency and the gorgeous title alpha, seemed to be a winning combination.


A few more pre-printed chipboard pieces and scattered sequins that fitted perfectly.


Who can forget the subtle flair to finish it off and I also love the quote on the transparency. I think it was very fitting for the subject.


This layout was one of those ones I will look back on and wonder where the hell I got the idea for this page from (and if I can go back there and find more inspiration like this). I just love how it came out.... but I guess having the most beautiful subject possible helped!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images