40th Album - OTP

10:00 AM

When a special event comes around, I love nothing more than using my scrapbooking skill to make something to help record the memory for them. One of the best ways to do this is with a mini album. My lovely sister in law has just turned 40, where we had a high tea with her family and friends. While out enjoying the afternoon, I passed around a few project life cards and got everyone helping to celebrate leave a note for the birthday girl.

I took these home and, with a few photos from the day, pulled together this album.

I will admit that the shape of the album was extremely difficult to work with and I struggled to wrap my head around it, but I got it together in the end.


The album itself is chipboard, and was bought from spotlight. I covered the pages with a combination of patterned papers. As the notes were personal, I haven't included photos of each of the pages, but you can see the photos placed on each page were instax. This gives a bit more character to the album.


The chipboard piece on the front is chipboard, has been sprayed with a Heidi Swapp mist and microbeads stuck to it as an accent. I actually really love how it came out.


After watching a Patreon video for Adele from Inkie Quill, I decided to have a go at making my own embellishments. They worked a treat for this album as helped tie all the pages together with another common element.


I had a few chipboard wine bottles hanging around, and this project was perfect to use them up. To tie all the chipboard together, I used microbeads on the bottle necks.


To finish off the album, I doodled a boarder on each page, and tied off the silver binding rings with a whole heap of ribbon and lace cuts from similar colours to the inside of the album.

I love how it turned out in the end.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images