'Where I Stood Today'

7:30 PM

A quick stop in today to share another layout for the March new release Words or Whatever products. I loved visiting Pearl Harbour while we were in Hawaii last year. This place was on my bucket list as a bit of a history buff, and it was amazing not only how much there was on offer to see first hand, and how the audio tour took you through the museums but arriving out at the USS Arizona site and seeing the remains just below the surface was very moving. Especially with the understanding that this is the grave site of so many who were far to young for their lives to be over so soon.

From where I stand today
Using Dark Wood Veener 'Today' title (WV120D) and chipboard Kristin flourish (WOW2073)


As there is very little use of brown in this layout, I have misted over the dark wood veneer to make it more towards the black side of the colourings.


The flourish has been coloured in with a black sharpie marker and misted with a bit of shimmer to make it stand out just that little bit.


I love these types of layouts as I can not only document my own feelings and experiences, but a little bit of the history of the place as well. This way people looking through my albums in years to come can understand a little bit about how this little place made such an impact on the world and then how I felt while I was there. I think this is important in our role as record keepers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images