No Photo Challenge - June 2013

6:30 AM

I have been going back through my blog draft posts and came across this layout that was intended for our XOXO Scapbooking DT challenge back in 2013. I have left most of the post the same as back then.

I absolutely loved this challenge and everything it involved.

The criteria is pretty simple.... There is to be NO PHOTOS on your page. Make the page all about journaling, a childs drawing, a home made card or a postcard. It can be anything and the aim is to get you thinking outside the box on this one.

Here is my take on the challenge:

Feb 2013


It has been inspired by Project Life and is a glimpse of where my life was at in February 2013. It took a fair bit of time to cut all of the tags and think about all of the journaling topics, but all in all I was pretty happy with the end result.


I have gone through an added embellishments to suit. There are buttons, brads, flowers, string, ribbon and a good dose of Words or Whatever Chipboard.


The WOW items include the Belle Flourish (WOW1223) coloured with a black sharpie marker and cut into pieces, Mini Leaf Branches (WOW1721) coloured with a green sharpie marker and hearts from the Mini Hearts Pack (WOW1595) coloured in with a pink sharpie marker. Such a simple way to embellish chipboard yet every effective.
 

Add in the gorgeous prima flowers and a flair button and the project was complete.

I loved that this challenge took me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to create something that I will sure do again at some stage.

Mwah and thanks for calling past xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images