'A Boys Story'

6:30 AM

As I haven't been getting a chance to play around with any of my crafty products at the moment, I am still sharing layouts from the Delights Retreat. As I was a week back off holidaying in Hawaii at the time, most of my layouts are from that, but I just had to fit in scrapping this little monster. Isn't he adorable? And to top it off, we all know how hard I find boy layouts these days, but I think I pulled this one off ok!
 
A Boys Story


I knew the moment that I saw these papers that this was the photo to scrap and as most of the retreat was dedicated to trying new arty techniques, getting back to this style was exactly what I needed. This layout ended up looking like the odd one out of the bunch but it is more my easy slap together style.

The challenge started with the Welcome to the Carnival piece and evolved from there. There is no way this layout was getting away without a flair and this one is just gorgeous for a boy layout.

 
I wanted to soften up the layout with the white material under the chipboard, so that it broke up the mass of teals.

 
This chipboard is a Words or Whatever chicken wire piece that has been coloured with a black sharpie and cut with a pair of scissors so that it could be scattered around the photo.

 
Another layout that I really love and I am so glad that I took the chance to get back to my old scrap style, even through piecing together a boy layout is a little out of my comfort zone these days.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images