'Dirty Janes' - Words or Whatever

7:30 PM

After having a week annual leave recently we took a day trip to Dirty Janes Antiques in Bowral, NSW. It was such a wonderful time wandering around and looking at some of the gorgeous items for sale. I could have spent thousands of dollars!! 
 
Here is another layout documenting this day using some of the Words or Whatever new releases for June.

Dirty Janes
Using chipboard small leafy vine, dark wood veneer Hashtags and 6x6 Diagonal Stripes AltaMATZ  


So like any good scrapbooker I took heaps of photos and played around with the one of the apps to pull them all together to be printed.
 
I have channeled a bit of Louise Nelson on this one and I love it. The wood veneer hashtags have been left raw and added as an embellishment with the sequin stars rather than to indicate an actual hashtag. The altamatz has been used with a bronze texture cream and I think was perfect to match the vintage look of the items in the photos.
 
The chipboard vine has been misted with both Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach (which has a gold base) and the Bronzer (also with a gold base).


I was stuck for where to put my journaling on this page as I used the tags for my background rather than to hide journaling, so couldn't make them movable. It was only that I happened to walk away from my scrap table and came back to notice the diagonal stripes from the altamatz. These made the perfect journaling  area as I didn't have to add any additional elements to the page to fit it in. Its always good to walk away when you get stuck to find that fresh point of view on another look.
 
Don't forget to call past the blog and check out the inspiration on offer from the rest of the DT!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images