'Smile'

4:52 PM

Welcome to my first layout using the new releases for June for Words or Whatever.
 
Can I just say that I love how this layout ended up. I usually do a page a year about where I am at in my life, and I know that I hadn't done one for when I was 31. Thought this was the perfect photo and I wanted to make it a bit fun and of course very girly. The Maggie Holmes papers suited this so much and I am glad I focused on the dark blues.
 
Smile
Using chipboard Mixed Circles, dark wood veneer Ampersand and chipboard


You will see that I have filled most of the spaces in the mixed circle with some of my favorite embellishments - flair buttons, enamel dots and sequins. You will notice that I am using a lot of gold at the moment too, which ties in perfectly with the Heidi Swapp buzz words for the title.


I really wanted to dull down and soften the background paper, but I didn't want to go down the gesso or texture paste path, so I used a bit of cheesecloth and I think it worked well by adding another texture and not making the white to background so stark.

This mixed circle piece comes in various sizes and also in both light and dark veneer. I have cut this one to make it work on the page, and it is perfect to fit the flair buttons in there too.
 
Don't forget to call past the DT blog and leave some love for the girls. All of these products are available through you LSS now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images