'Oh, Hello There' - Layout

6:30 AM

Following on from the last post, this is another Shimelle paper page, with a whole lot of other bits thrown in. I really wasn't a fan of this background paper to start with, but by the time I had all of the layering done, I found it tamed it a bit. The title card is from an Amy Tangerine kit and I have used washi tape to transform sections. Lets look a bit closer at it.

Oh, Hello There


I love using these mini instax prints for layouts (and if you have seen my review post on the instax printer you will recognise this photo). In this case I had 2 prints of the same thing but rather than throw one out, I have layered them to add to the layered feel  of the whole layout. I wanted to pull the top one out a bit more, so have used a half strip of coordinating washi tape to give it just that bit of extra embellishment. To tie this in, I have used the other half strip on the Happy card down futher in the layout. This is such a simple way of altering bits and pieces to tie them into the layout. I have used the same idea on the journal card.


I dug through the older bits and pieces that I had recently found, and have used the little light wood veneer birds and the toothpick flag.


One of the reasons I used to love kits was that everything coordinated. This is something I miss, but something that I feel a little more comfortable about doing myself these days. I also cant lie when I say that I am glad to be working my way through all of these old bits and pieces that I have. I, like most scrappers, have way too much stuff, and I am gad to have started reducing this. It makes it easier when some of these pieces just don't fit into the storage places I have for them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images