'Life is Amazing' - Words or Whatever January Challenge

1:57 PM

I sat down on the weekend and wanted to scrap. I just needed to do something creative. 

It has been sometime since I participated in any challenges, and there was one that happened to pop up in my facebook feed at the time that I found appealing. Words or Whatever does it again, and it helps that I have a good amount of product left over from my DT days that was perfect for this criteria (although a couple of the pieces were set aside for another project but anyway!).

It was a last minute effort to get it on for the closing time, but it worked in terms of inspiration. I got the layout completed in no time, photographed and entered. And it felt good.

The layout is less of my usual style, yet I can still see me in it.... And I love it!

It also kicks off the start of the New Zealand holiday scrapping.


The criteria was circles, arrows, the colours and the quote, which I have used for my title.

The background was fun to make, and super easy. I sprayed a few quirts of dylusions mist onto a plastic lid and used a scrunched up plastic shopping bag to dab it onto the cardstock, using both a yellow and a pink. After this I have used a circle mask, which was layered over the top and misted over to get the additional element of the circles.


I have used paint on the chipboard circles to draw through the yellow component of the background (and the challenge criteria). I love the light wood veneer piece from Words or Whatever which just gives an extra grounding colour, but is still reflective of the warm yellows.


There is minimal paper used in this layout. I admire how other scrappers can mix a background like this and still incorporate layers of pretty papers into it as well.... This is something I just can't manage.


I have also used both painted chipboard and a flair button to cover out the arrows component of the criteria.

It has been a long time since I last used masks and quotes for titles. It felt normal for me to be this messy (until my patience gave out and I just started sticking things down rather than using the heat gun to get things to dry)!

This was a lot of fun and it has renewed my love of a little bit messy and taking part in challenges for fun.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images