'Love Six' - 9x9 Shadow Frame

10:30 AM

Playing around with scrapping anything smaller than a 12x12 page used to scare me to no end. Now, I try and have fun with it and have found that I helps take the edge off of trying to make everything a masterpiece. Somethings just don't come out perfect the first time, nor the second, or even ever, but that is what makes the unique. And unique is amazing and special.

Speaking of special, back in August last year (this feels like a lifetime ago now) I pulled together another of those 9x9 Ikea frames for my lovely MILs birthday. What better thing to feature than the most recent picture of all of the grand kids together. 

I pulled out an old Echo Park kit, paired with a Heidi Swapp background, and pieced together this mini layout for the frame.


I wanted to keep the embellishment simple and minimal on this, as I wanted the 3x2 cut apart card to be the other feature to the photo, so a couple of stickers from the matching sticker sheet to the paper, a flair button from {A Flair for Buttons} and a Charms Creation heart were the perfect accessories.


I just love that this card can be used to describe a few things but was perfect for the kids. The photo has been popped up on foam to give it a bit of dimension from the rest of the page, as have a couple of the embellishments.

I was also very conscious to make the photo black and white. The first reason is that it stands out more on the page and becomes the focus of the frame. The second reason is that as each of the kids were wearing different coloured clothing, this doesn't become an issue when choosing the papers and the colours wouldn't clash at all.... Making my job easier in the long run!


And a final look at it in the white frame - the final product!


These are just so simple to pull together, and so quickly. Perfect for a list minute gift or for someone that has everything!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images