'Gay Parita' - Words or Whatever

7:00 AM

This is one of the holiday layouts with a big story. The challenge behind this page was trying to fit all of the journaling in. I will admit that there is so much to this story that I couldn't get on this page which is disappointing, but I do have another project in the works that I hope will allow me to tell everything about this 2 hour stop.

We stopped at Gay Parita on Route 66 in Missouri for a 5 minute photo opportunity and stayed for 2 hours getting to know one of the nicest, most genuine characters on Route 66. Gary is still flying the flag with this wonderful road and had many stories to tell. It is a tradition that when you stop in at Gay Parita you get a photo taken with the flag. We thought that was a great idea, but me being a scrapper wanted to document this stop the right way, so asked Gary to join us in the photo. He didn't really want to, but as we explained to him, the place is great, but he is the face of it and we wanted him to be a part of the memory for us.

Gay Parita
Using chipboard cogs and chipboard cog frame


And a couple of close ups of the chipboard pieces. These have been embossed with a 'platinum' finish. A really quick and easy way to alter your chipboard to match any project.


I love that his next piece held the detail after it was embossed. It was a very fine powder that was used. Don't you just love watching the powder melt to this beautiful finish?!


I was very excited to finally be able to use my Route 66 stamp too! It makes me happy knowing that I am getting around to getting these scrapped and that I am using items that I have put away to use.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images