'Happy Days' - Words or Whatever

9:05 AM

Guess who went AWOL for a while??? Me..... Life really got in the way for a little while there!

These new July releases over at Words or Whatever have really inspired me to get scrapping on our holiday photos from last year. There are so many of them and they all have such big stories behind them, that I struggle to fit it all in so I have been focusing on the smaller story photos for now. This page is a Words or Whatever overload, but it all works together so nicely.

I love this layout as it was such a big memory on our first day on Route 66. So many would drive straight past this sign and never stop, but thanks to our trusty guide book, we pulled up to stretch our legs and take a look around. This is a place in just outside of Lexington Illinois called Memory Lane. An old stretch of 66 still remains and is only driven on once a year for a big gathering to celebrate to Mother Road. The road is cracking up and has tufts of green grass growing through them. They have replica signs along the stretch too that would have been around at the time this road was still in commission.

'Happy Days'
Using new chipboard heart messy circles, chipboard 'happy days' title, chipboard flower stem, chipboard mason jars and chipboard flower head.



I was super excited to be about to finally pull out my Route 66 stamps and use them as embellishments on my page. It beats stickers and I can use these as many times as I like. This stamp was purchased from The Ink Pad in NYC and is the smaller of the two.


All of the chipboard has been embossed with either chunky white or aged gold embossing powers and I live the final affect. I also dragged out the sewing machine for this page to make it just that bit more girly. And there is always a Flair! This one is from A Piece of Cake Designs.


There is so much more still to come this month, so please call back soon y'all!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great page. The chipboard looks amazing! Esp love the heart messy circle highlighting the journalling.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images