Savvy Delights Retreat 2012

4:11 PM

What can I say... Another year, a whole lot of crazy, so much talent, next to no sleep, chocolate and food galore, laughs, dancing, scrapping (of course) and the friendships that grow each year. To have all of that wrapped up in one weekend a year, makes for so many fantastic memories, and make us all know that we are surrounded by friends even when we cant see them all of the time.

Last year was my first year and can I say, I got a little overwhelmed to start with. I wanted to pull out at last minute. I wasnt going to really know anyone. I didnt care who I sat with or roomed with, but the fear of the unknown kicking in for a minute. There were newbies or "retreat virgins" again this year, as every year, and to hear them talk about that fear, that feeling in the lead up to the weekend, I understood exactly how they felt.

Take two in 2012, and I was like I saw everyone last year. Laughing, chatting, scrapping, wandering, sharing... It is such a wonderful feeling to sit in a large room with such a talented bunch of beautiful people and fit in. I finally felt like I belonged. I was able to wander around the room and chat to other people. I was met with hugs from girls I only met for the first time last year. I met more new people. I could sit with anyone at meals and be able to chat and laugh and feel totally comfortable....

I did set a target for myself to complete at retreat. No, it wasnt a specific number (but  I did want to top last years total of 14 layouts and 1 card). It was to keep up with speed scrapper Wendy Smith. Can I say, everything this gorgeous girl produces is beautiful. It looks fantastic.... even perfect. I knew I had set myself a challenge and a half, but one I stuck to. I can safely say that my retreat tally is 24 layouts, 2 cards and 1 tag. I would say Wendy got me by maybe 2 layouts which would have been done on Sunday morning.

I will be back to show off some of the 24, but until I have decent light to photograph them, here is a photo of our wall.... Pretty spectacular I think!!


TFL xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images