A Truck Drivers Widow...

9:46 PM



Well, Austie is out driving tonight, so I am home being the truck drivers widow!!! As much as I am not the biggest fan of it, it is amazing what you can achieve...

I have sewn the binding on Boj's blanket, folded all the washing, washed up all of the dishes, and completed one and a half scrapbook pages for the challenges at Scrapbook Savvy (all while watching episodes of NCIS). I am hoping the mojo is starting to come back!!! Fingers crossed...

We got up early this morning and took a drive down to the Ocean & Earth factory outlet at Sussex Inlet. On the way home, I had the chance to take Austie past the house that I spent my early years and all of primary school living in. It was amazing to see the same property name sign at the front gate and the pine trees that I planted as a young child, grown to the point that you can't see the house any more. It meant a lot for me to be able to show Austie where I grew up...


We also drove past the house that I lived in while in high school, but again it was hard to see due to all of the pine trees that had grown... My parents had a thing for anything “English”!!!

We also watched INVICTUS yesterday. Even though I am no fan of Rugby Union, I now have a new favourite sports movie. How could you not love Morgan Freeman & Matt Damon together with South Africa accents!! It is hard to believe that they are now making movies about major events in our lifetime. I clearly remember the symbol from the 1995 Rugby Union World Cup and hearing results as if it was only yesterday!! If you love a feel good sports movie about personal ambition and eradicating racial differences (like Remember The Titans), this is one for you...

I will post photos of my pages and Boj's blanket, once I have day light and time to photograph them in!!!

Tess xxx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images