First outing with OSMO

12:00 PM

Since we got our 1st drone, I have been eyeing off a nifty little video camera made by DJI called the OSMO. The system looked simply amazing on the DJI youtube clip, and I just had to have it. I want to start documenting in other ways, than just taking photos, and coupled with our drone (DJI Phantom 3 Advanced) known as Zazu, the videos I can pull together are endless and the creativity is already flowing.

It arrived on Friday afternoon, and after a quick play with it on Friday night, I was ready to take on the world and put it through its paces.

What better place than the Proline Grand Prix round 1, hosted by IMCC at Croome Road, Albion Park, NSW. I was hoping that this would give me a chance to learn some new techniques, while also seeing how the camera handled speed. Safe to say it worked great, and I learnt a lot (such as moving the joystick up means the camera looks up! For some reason my brain works in reverse on that one).

I have had to also find a new editing program that could handle 4k image, but would give me good features while still being easy to use. I found Wondershare Filmora, and it seems great as an editor so far.

So here is the footage pieced together from Sunday. I'm not sure about nor confident in talking to the camera, but I hope this confidence will grow with time.


There are a few accessories on the list now, but first thing to get is another couple of batteries to keep the filming going.

Thanks for calling past and checking out the video. I have another video coming up soon of biking the Golden Gate Bridge. Be sure to come back and check it out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images