True XOXO "December Baby" Challenge - December 2012

12:51 PM

Now that I am back on the air, after all of the wedding planning and the perfect day, I can finally start crafting again.

Over at True XOXO Scrapbooking, we are doing a slightly different version of December Daily. Every day this month, we are showcasing ideas for Christmas. They aren't just scrapbooking pages. There are OTP albums, repurposed items, Family Christmas cards and gift ideas.

My repurposed idea was showcased on my wedding day, which was very appropriate as these signs were made for the wedding walkway.



The start of December is all wedding for me. Christmas can happen after this weekend!!


With the wedding getting closer, I have put a bit of creative effort into signs that will be placed against tree trunks on the long walk into the gardens where the ceremony will take place. They can then be taken to the cocktail style reception to be put on display too.

These large old paintings cost me about $10 each. I have sprayed the frames white with a bit of gold then rubbed back in places to show some of the original timber, giving it a vintage look. I have cut burlap to fit the space and used spray adhesive to attach over the original painting. After typing the text on the computer, printing and cutting each letter out to make a template, I have traced them in lead pencil, then the outline in black texter to give a clean line. The last thing was to paint the letters and the heart. The end result would have cost under $20 each and I cant believe how well they turned out. It makes me smile.

These were a personal touch on the day, and I can tell you, I didn't realise that they would be so popular. To the point that one of these was stolen by "some drunk" at the end of the night, to hang on the wall in their new house!!   Even if you as time poor as I have been this Christmas, head over and check out the brilliant ideas that the girls have been posting. There is definitely something to inspire you this Christmas, and who knows, you may just find the idea for that last Christmas idea!!   TFL xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images